The OSCAR working group is pleased to announce the release of version 2.2.1 of the Open Source Cluster Application Resources (OSCAR) toolkit. This release offers full IA-64 support with the inclusion of updated SIS and Kernel_Picker packages. OSCAR (Open Source Cluster Application Resource) is a snapshot of the best known methods for building, programming, and using clusters. It consists of a fully integrated and easy to install software bundle designed for high performance cluster computing.
The supported distributions include RedHat 7.2 & 7.3 as well as Mandrake
8.2. There is experimental support for RedHat 7.1 and Mandrake 9.0.
Feature list of 2.2+ are:
* RedHat 7.2, 7.3 and Mandrake 8.2 supported
* RedHat 7.1 and Mandrake 9.0 experimentally supported
* IA-64 Support
* SIS update, including SystemImager 3.0
* Kernel_Picker updated (tool to assist with alt kernel usage)
* Import/export MAC addresses from/to a file
* MAC address auto-assign and auto-dhcpd restart
* OSCAR Database (ODA) enhancements
* OSCAR Package Downloader (OPD) updated
* C3 updated
* LAM/MPI updated