Oslo, Norway, November 28, 2002 Scali, a leader in high-performance cluster communication and management solutions, announced today the release of expanded functionality in version 3.1 of the core Scali Software Platform (SSP). The product enhancements support Scali’s strategy to develop solutions that enable customers to leverage high performance clusters that deliver optimized performance with increased system efficiency and reliability.
Among the recent enhancements, Scali’s management and interconnect communication software now accommodates heterogeneous clusters in order to leverage the processing and price performance benefits of individual processor architectures.
"Scali’s latest software release accommodates the growing demand for effective processing of large data structures while reducing the associated total cost of ownership," said Håkon O. Bugge, vice president of development and CTO of Scali. "Customers have the ability to leverage 64-bit architectures for pre- and post-processing whereas 32-bit architectures provide a cost effective platform for intermediate compute intensive processing."
Functionality highlights in the latest SSP release include:
- Increased Speed, Flexibility and Reliability of Cluster Communication
- Optimized for high-speed performance on the Intel® Itanium® 2 processor and E7500 and E7501 Xeon™ chipset from Intel, zx1 chipset from HP and Grand Champion™ LE chipset from ServerWorks.
- Increased performance in Scali’s Message Passing Interface (MPI), which leverages the Hyper-Threading architecture of the Xeon processor.
- Enhanced C3 routing algorithm for regular and irregular topologies. System reliability and uptime is increased by ensuring network traffic is balanced across the system and the cluster continues processing in the event of a faulty node or connection point.
Enhanced Usability and Functionality of Cluster Management
- Expanded support for system monitoring of heterogeneous clusters which increases the flexibility associated with building, replacing and expanding high performance systems.
- Increased speed and efficiency of the Parallel Shell Tool (ScaSH) for simultaneous retrieval and execution of commands across all nodes. Based on a 200 node cluster, the systems has demonstrated a greater than 90 percent improvement in response times compared to legacy implementations.
- Added support for RedHat 7.3, 8.0 and Linux Advanced Server as well as SuSE 7.2 and 7.3.
- Improved remote management through firewalls through the addition of multiplexed single socket connection between the management graphical user interface and the cluster.
- Enhanced usability in the system monitoring module through refined menu structures and improved customization functionality.
Scali is a leader in delivering scalable, high-performance cluster software and solutions. Companies and institutions are able to leverage high performance and reliable parallel processing platforms while substantially reducing their technology investment and improving their price performance ratios. Scali has strategic relationships with industry leaders such as Dell, Fujitsu Siemens Computers, HP and Intel. Customers include companies such as DaimlerChrysler, Lockheed Martin and Rolls-Royce. Founded in 1997, Scali has received venture funding from Four Seasons Venture, Intel Capital, Kongsberg Gruppen and SND Invest. The company is headquartered in Oslo, Norway with sales and support presence in France, Germany, Great Britain and The United States and world-wide distribution capabilities through global and local system integrators. Additional information is available at http://www.scali.com.