Title: Director of Business Development, High Performance Switch Interconnect Systems
Reports to: EVP Integrated Systems Division
Location: San Jose, California
This global technology company is a leader in developing OEM solutions for the high-speed networking, video server and data storage marketplaces. Products and services include: future-ready storage subsystems, analysis technology for data communications and enterprise networks, and a leading range of fiber channel support tools.
Founded in 1994 in an MBO from IBM, the company has an established global base with R&D and operational facilities in Europe, the United States and South East Asia. They are recognized for a strong technology base and invest significantly in R&D to build on their core competencies in high performance storage and high speed network technology. They are a profitable company with impressive revenue growth.
In this newly created position, the candidate will be responsible for developing a new business in the high performance switch interconnect systems marketplace. The candidate should have a new business development mentality and the drive to carve out a niche in this market. There is excellent future potential as the business expands. The candidate will be responsible for growing the US organization to meet the demands of the business. The company will provide the resources and support necessary to help achieve your targets.
- Design, develop and drive the OEM sales activity into existing and new customer prospects
- Develop the market positioning and sales collateral material (including white papers) for the product set. The candidate must be prepared to do hands-on activities such as writing of material and driving the activities necessary to build the business
- Understand the dynamics of the marketplace and ensure the company’s participation in appropriate segments by leveraging 3rd party relationships and external business models
- Leverage the full breath of the company’s assets to maximize customer value and joint business potential
- Identify and recruit key strategic partners and build strategic alliances necessary to deliver the business
- Maintain relationships, as well as realizing such partnerships into revenue generating activities
- Manage ongoing relationships with strategic partners to ensure continued execution of joint strategy and expansion of opportunity with these partners over time
- Plan, execute and participate in sales calls with potential strategic partners, fully craft presentations and be capable of delivery of strategic partnering presentations at senior levels within client/partners
- Manage key customer wins and coordinate between the development organization and the customer
- Knowledge or experience of high performance computing interconnect for clustering servers or high performance computing would be an advantage
- Knowledge of servers, storage or Linux based systems is a plus
- Experience in sales or customer facing roles
- Must be a solid people manager who can build the business development organization
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously; a self-starter with an entrepreneurial approach
- Must be budget and cost oriented and willing to accept challenges and risks
- Be an effective communicator and negotiator who is able to build strong relationships with the executive management team, strategic partners and customers
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA would be a plus but is not a requirement
An attractive compensation package will be tailored to the successful candidate, including base salary plus bonus opportunity.
For further details please contact: