Sunnyvale, Calif. – January 11, 2005 – PathScale, developer of innovative software and hardware solutions to accelerate the performance and efficiency of Linux® clusters, is now shipping Version 2.0 of its industry-leading EKOPath compilers for C, C++, and Fortran 77/90/95. This new version is available immediately at no additional cost to all current PathScale subscribers. A 30-day free trial download is available to new customers at http://www.pathscale.com/trial.php
"The PathScale EKOPath Compiler Suite offers the world’s fastest applications performance for 64-bit Linux clusters," explained Scott Metcalf, CEO of PathScale. "Developers targeting 64-bit Linux servers will realize immediate performance benefits by switching over to EKOPath 2.0."
EKOPath Version 2.0 can produce performance improvements of 20 percent or more for many HPC applications when compared to earlier PathScale compilers, and up to 40 percent faster applications performance over alternative compiler products. More Information is available at http://www.pathscale.com/pdf/PathScaleEKOPath.pdf
The new version of the EKOPath Compiler Suite introduces several key functional enhancements including support for OpenMP 2.0 for Fortran, the industry-standard Application Program Interface (API) that allows programmers to parallelize applications on a multi-processor node. It also supports a PathScale-optimized AMD ACML 2.5 Core Math Library to ensure the highest possible math function performance from applications running on AMD64 platforms.
PathScale EKOPath compilers now support the Intel Xeon EM64T 64-bit X86 architecture. This enables programmers to standardize on a single compiler suite for all 32- and 64-bit x86 computing applications. All PathScale compilers now include an advanced serial debugger known as Pathdb, the industry’s only "backwards stepping" debugger.
EKOPath Compiler Suite 2.0 Synopsis
- World’s highest performance C, C++, and Fortran compilers for Linux
- Latest OpenMP 2.0 standards for Fortran (including workshare)
- Comprehensive support for AMD64 and Intel Xeon EM64T processor families
- Developers can standardize on a single compiler for all 32- and 64-bit x86 applications
- Industry leading optimizations - see: www.pathscale.com/pdf/IPA-paper.pdf
- Advanced Pathdb serial debugger for C, C++ and Fortran
- Compatible with GNU/gcc tool chain and popular third party debuggers
- Supported on SuSE, RedHat, and Fedora Linux
- Up to 20 percent better performance than previous PathScale compiler releases
- Up to 40 percent faster performance over alternative compiler products
- Additional specifications available at www.pathscale.com/pdf/PathScaleEKOPath.pdf
Anyone who has downloaded a previous version of any PathScale compiler can renew their registration and become eligible for a new 30-day free trial.
Based in Sunnyvale, California, PathScale develops innovative software and hardware technologies that substantially increase the performance and efficiency of Linux clusters, the next significant wave in high-end computing. Applications that benefit from PathScale's technologies include seismic processing, complex physical modeling, EDA simulation, molecular modeling, biosciences, econometric modeling, computational chemistry, computational fluid dynamics, finite element analysis, weather modeling, resource optimization, decision support and data mining. PathScale's investors include Adams Street Partners, Charles River Ventures, Enterprise Partners Venture Capital, CMEA Ventures, ChevronTexaco Technology Ventures and the Dow Employees Pension Plan. For more details, visit www.pathscale.com; send email to email@example.com or telephone 1-408-746-9100.