Introduces Lifecycle Fixed Content Manager 100 - New Open Solution to Address Government and Regulatory Compliance Requirements
LOUISVILLE, Colo.- Jan. 24, 2005 - Compliance with the growing number of laws, as well as compliance with internal best practices, is a strategic imperative for companies today. The reward for compliance is lower risk and better operational efficiencies. The punishment for failing to comply can be too harsh to comprehend.
Today StorageTek(R) (Storage Technology Corporation, NYSE:STK), the leading provider of enterprise information lifecycle management, outlined its roadmap for the long-term protection of critical corporate records, including the introduction of Lifecycle Fixed Content Manager 100 to help companies address storage and archival for fixed content. With the addition of Lifecycle Fixed Content Manager 100, StorageTek customers have an array of choices to address compliance and fixed content management challenges that also includes StorageTek's inexpensive VolSafe WORM tape solution.
"Current storage technologies are often insufficient to cope with the stringent government and federally-mandated compliance requirements," said StorageTek Chairman, CEO and President Patrick J. Martin. "Scaleable and cost-efficient archival is increasingly important to customers who are struggling to meet these requirements. We were one of the first to offer WORM-based, compliance solutions with StorageTek's VolSafe. Now we're offering our customers a scalable, open, disk-based data archival solution to help address their IT fixed content and regulatory compliance data management needs."
Lifecycle Fixed Content Manager 100 is designed for the long-term storage and preservation of archive data. The platform provides companies with virtually tamper-proof, secure, reliable data storage that is easy to manage. Lifecycle Fixed Content Manager 100 is designed to prevent the alteration or deletion of data for as long as a business deems necessary. Lifecycle Fixed Content Manager 100 will work with most content management software applications, including all leading email archival solutions.
StorageTek's fixed content, compliance solutions provide the following benefits:
- SEC 17a-4 Compliance - Records can be protected from deletion until the expiration date established by the content application. Retention periods can be extended, but never shortened.
- Industry Standard File Interfaces - Uses standard NFS and CIFS file interfaces to read and write data, and to set retention periods. Integration with customer applications is quick and easy.
- Fast Access - Archive data that is referenced frequently is available for faster access than optical disk and at a lower cost than typically more expensive primary disk. Thus, Lifecycle Fixed Content Manager 100 helps to increase the productivity of a customer's primary storage assets.
- Investment Protection - Records are continuously available even as capacity is added or the underlying disk technology evolves. Duplicate data is also automatically deleted to lower storage costs.
- Ease-of-Administration - Automatic data protection and recovery, automatic load balancing and easy addition or removal of servers and storage provide fault tolerance and minimize system administration.
"There's a realization among companies of the importance of implementing a successful information management infrastructure," said Julie Rahal Marobella, Sr. Research Analyst, Records Management and Compliance Infrastructure, IDC. "This realization stems from both legal and regulatory compliance requirements, as well as the desire to achieve transparency and accountability across all systems. Storage companies recognize the key role that data protection, archive and recovery play in this process. With the introduction of their new disk-based compliance and fixed content solutions, StorageTek is well positioned to help organizations address their compliance and corporate governance needs.
Lifecycle Fixed Content Manager 100 is available today for customers in North America.
StorageTek is a $2 billion global company that enables businesses, through its information lifecycle management strategy, to align the cost of storage with the value of information. The company's innovative storage solutions manage the complexity and growth of information, lower costs, improve efficiency and protect investments. For more information, see http://www.storagetek.com, or call 1.800.877.9220 or 303.673.5151.