SWsoft, an established leader in server automation and virtualization software, today announced complete Virtuozzo-based server virtualization solutions on Intel® Itanium® 2 processor–based HP Integrity servers and other HP platforms. Virtuozzo for Linux is now available for HP Integrity servers and will be supported by the HP Developer and Solution Partner Program (DSPP) and other joint technology and go-to-market initiatives.
“Our advanced server virtualization technology and tools are well suited for HP Integrity servers and other proven HP platforms with high CPU and memory capacity due to Virtuozzo’s near-zero overhead,” said Serguei Beloussov, Chairman and CEO, SWsoft. “Virtuozzo’s unique operating system (OS)-level virtualization approach fully utilizes the computing power of 32-bit and 64-bit servers and will evolve to include high availability, clustering tools and more.”
"With SWsoft's Virtuozzo server virtualization technology running on HP Integrity servers, our customers will be able to increase server utilization for Linux operating environments," said Don Jenkins, vice president of marketing, Business Critical Servers, HP. "HP Integrity servers are built with the performance and scalability to maximize the virtualization capabilities of solutions like Virtuozzo and to handle their most demanding workloads."
“By extending the Virtuozzo server virtualization solution to Itanium 2–based HP Integrity servers, SWsoft enables its customers to make full use of the high performance and reliability that Intel technology delivers,” said Melissa Laird, general manager of Intel’s Developer Relations Division. “Support for the Itanium 2–based platform makes Virtuozzo a strong solution for workload-intensive, mission-critical applications.”
Customers recently selecting Virtuozzo for Linux and Virtuozzo for Windows include Adaptive Instruments, AT-Link, Bertelsmann AG, Bull Technologies, Gilbane, HCT, Interdominios, SMS Central, TekTonic, WebCT and hundreds of other leading companies throughout the Americas, EMEA and Asia/Pacific.
Unmatched Server Virtualization
Virtuozzo for Linux and Virtuozzo for Windows create multiple isolated virtual private servers (VPSs) on a single physical server enabling each VPS to perform and execute exactly like a standalone server. Virtuozzo provides operating system (OS) level virtualization that delivers following unique benefits:
• High Performance and Scalability – Efficient technology with near-zero overhead; scalable to 16-CPU SMP systems and up to 64 GB of RAM.
• Expansive Hardware and Software Support – Complete platform parity; interacts with existing Linux and Windows operating systems and any underlying hardware; fully supports native 32 and 64-bit systems.
• Maximum Density – A single physical server can house up to tens or hundreds of VPSs; a single VPS is able to scale to the full capacity of the server.
• Robust Service Level Management – Real-time control over CPU, memory, disk and network I/O resources with monitoring, accounting and reporting.
• High Availability – Migrate VPS(s) quickly from one server to another with minimal downtime.
• Powerful Toolsets – Self management of large and potentially remote groups of servers and VPSs with a full set of administrative and VPS owner web-based, client and command line tools.
• Rapid ROI – Virtuozzo drives lower hardware, software and management costs to minimize total cost of ownership and facilitate a rapid ROI.
Availability of Virtuozzo
Virtuozzo for Linux is now available for Intel Itanium 2 processors. Virtuozzo for Windows and Virtuozzo for Linux (32-bit) are generally available. For more information or to request a demo, please visit www.sw-soft.com/en/virtuozzo.