Linux System Administrator / Specialist - HPC / High Performance Computing required to design, manage and support the Linux computing environment in London.
The ideal candidate would have held a similar role in either the financial services or academia e.g High Performance Computing. You would define, develop, deploy and support the computing needs.
Tasks / Responsibilities:
- System administration of the company-wide Linux environment - maintenance, performance and issue resolution.
- Development and alignment of System and Application Development Roadmaps.
- Implementation of performance metrics to measure system and application demands / bottlenecks.
- Perform and monitor server backup and off-site data replication.
- Researching and recommending equipment and software solutions to enable effective use of budgets.
You will have experience of designing, integrating and maintaining production Linux-based IT services. Direct hands on experience of managing and supporting a HPC environment. Experience configuring and maintaining secure, large-scale, complex, distributed applications/platforms as well as developing/implementing centralized management tools (e.g Perl, Ruby, Python). Experience of SAN, Fibre Channel, Infiniband, Iscsi, NFS, pNFS. Deep experience of managing Parallel File and storage systems, Open MP, MPI. The ideal candidate would have some programming experience in Shell, C.
If of interest please contact Rob Saunders 0207 025 0174 or email@example.com