ACUSIM Software Releases Latest Version of AcuSolve CFD Solver
Posted by , Tuesday October 19 2010 @ 12:04PM EDT
ACUSIM Software, Inc., a leader in computational fluid dynamics (CFD) technology and solutions, today announced the immediate availability of AcuSolve™ 1.8, the latest version of ACUSIM’s leading general-purpose, finite-element based CFD solver. ACUSIM will demonstrate AcuSolve 1.8 during two free webinars, taking place at 9:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. ET and 6:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. ET, on Oct. 26, 2010, at http://www.acusim.com/html/events.html.
Used by designers and research engineers with all levels of expertise, AcuSolve is highly differentiated by its accelerated speed, robustness, accuracy and multiphysics/multidisciplinary capabilities. Contributing to its robustness is the product’s Galerkin/Least-Square (GLS) finite element formulation and novel iterative linear equation solver for the fully coupled equation system. The combination of these two powerful technologies provides a highly stable and efficient solver, capable of handling unstructured meshes with tight boundary layers automatically generated from complex industrial geometries.
“ACUSIM’s products are known for their advanced solver technology including Fluid-Structure Interaction solutions,” said Dr. Farzin Shakib, founder and CEO of ACUSIM Software. “While continuously adding to its core technology, the latest version of AcuSolve is concentrated on providing customers with ease of use and CAE automation to solve mission critical problems in a more efficient and timely fashion.”
AcuSolve 1.8 users will experience improvements and new features in the core technology and pre-processing and post-processing phases. These enhancements include:
- Core Technology:
- Enriched simulation capabilities of ACUSIM’s leading Fluid-Structure Interaction (FSI) technology with added interface to MD Nastran
- Extended Arbitrary Lagrangian Eulerian (ALE) Formulation to handle compressible flows with large density variation and mesh motion
- Anisotropic thermal conductivity
- Improved Free Surface Technology with the addition of multi-iterative coupling based nonlinear update solver
- New Algebraic Multi-Grid (AMG) Technology for faster flow convergence and optimized linear solver performance
- Support for GPU acceleration based on NVIDIA CUDA 3.0 technology
- Much improvement in meshing such as region of influence and anisotropic meshing and edge control
- CAE Automation and Customization with improved Template Driven and Customization Driven Automation and batch oriented processing
- Interface to electromechanical simulation software JMAG to perform full thermal flow analysis on electro-magnetic devices
- Easier deployment with existing corporate Cloud Computing Clusters and Dassault Simulia SLM systems
- Embedded CAD geometry generator
- New AcuSolve/Paraview co-process visualization
- Full batch-oriented report generation capability including text, pagination, equations, tables, 2D plots, full 3D visualization and animation
- New flexible input structure for AcuSolve's particle tracer, with the ability to add user evolution equations
About ACUSIM Software, Inc.
ACUSIM Software is a leading provider of advanced and powerful computational fluid dynamics (CFD) solver solutions. AcuSolve™ is a general-purpose, finite-element based flow solver that is highly differentiated by its robustness, fast speed and accuracy. It can be used by engineers and scientists at all levels of expertise, either on a standalone basis or seamlessly integrated into existing engineering and scientific applications. AcuSolve is used globally in a wide variety of industries such as automotive, electronics, chemical, bio-medical, consumer products and energy, as well as at national labs and universities. Headquartered in Mountain View, Calif., ACUSIM Software markets its flagship product, AcuSolve, and its associated pre-processor, AcuConsole™, post-processor, AcuFieldView™, and desktop solution, AcuDesktop™, globally. Visit www.acusim.com for more information.