LinuxHPC.org brings you the most affordable avenue to get the message out to the community about your company, products and services.
You won't find a less expensive method of advertising to reach this community. Not with Google Ads, not with the trade press, not anywhere.
What to expect:
Expect it to be difficult to associate click-throughs with purchases. Approach banner, newsletter and vendor page advertising with name branding. The more a potential customer sees your company's name and information the more likely they are to come to you when they make the decision to purchase.
It's up to you to find out what influenced customers to purchase and how they found out about your company. It would also be advisable to ask them if they have seen any of your company's advertising campaigns.
With banners images you will be given a username, password and website address to check the stats on your advertising campaign. You should check this frequently to see if your banner is drawing the attention you desire.
LinuxHPC.org has well over 750 unique visitors daily. Many come several times per day. Stats below gathered from survey in 2009.
75% - System Managers/Administrators
20% - Mid-level Technical Managers
5% - End users, beginners, etc.
Where visitors originate (geography):
55% - North America (US, Canada)
25% - EMEA (Europe, Middle East, Africa)
15% - Asia (Australia, Malaysia, Japan, China)
5% - Other (Central|South America, etc.)
Industries (just to name a few):
- Universities and Educational Institutions
- Government Agencies
- National Labs
- Banking and Finance
- Petroleum Industry
Sponsorship or listing requires the following:
- Payment in full in advance.
- Each form of sponsorship or listing requires a time commitment except a Vendor page listing.
- If you place a LinuxHPC.org logo image with URL on your company's website you will get a 10% discount on sponsorship cost.
Choose one of these images:
Articles and Press Releases
Posting articles, announcements and press releases on LinuxHPC.org is free-of-charge. Post here.
Whitepapers and Presentations (12 month commitment)
We will post Whitepapers and presentations on LinuxHPC.org. These are great methods of getting information out on your products and services. We will need company name with a URL to the material, contact information and a brief description.
Vendor Page Listing
You will need to provide:
* = Appears now or will appear on the vendor page.
1.) Company name*
2.) Company website URL*
3.) Address, Suite|Apt.
4.) City, State|Province, Country
6.) Contact Name
7.) Contact Email
8.) Phone number
9.) Fax number
10.) Geographic service area (global, continent, country, state)*
11.) Type company, pick one: a.) hardware, b.) software, c.) consultant*
12.) Description of company's product[s] or service[s] (70 words or less)*
Text advertising is a "Google" style listing in the right column. Your company name, URL and 15 word advertisement is displayed on every page in the right column of the site.
PSSC Labs is the leading supplier of BEOWULF clusters. Over 250 installs and counting.
LinuxHPC.org has two types of graphical advertising:
Rotating: Each image is placed in the rotation with equal preference. They are randomly rotated. These images can be animated with a maximum of four frames and should not be any larger than 20k in size.
- 468x60 banners rotate at the top and bottom of each page
- 130x130 block banners rotate in the right column
Static: These ads consist of a single frame, meaning they aren't animated. Examples would be a company logo with a slogan. They are not rotated and are displayed on every page in the right column.
- 130x65, single frame
- 88x31, single frame
The average click-through rate for LinuxHPC.org banner ads is .1% to .5%. That's one click-through for every five hundred to one thousand displays.
We will change the banner image for you not more than once a month if you are not getting the desired effect and feel you need to change the message on your banner.
- 468x60 banner example:
Special arrangements can be made if your advertising does not fit any of the above requirements. The above is meant only as a guide and is not written in stone.
- 130x130 block example:
- 130x65 block example:
- 88x31 block example:
LinuxHPC.org publishes a monthly newsletter sent to subscribers who voluntarily sign up. The monthly newsletter summarizes news from the previous month, lists upcoming events and on occasion has articles and tutorials. There will be no more than four advertisements in each newsletter.
Newsletter ads consist of the company name, URL and seventy-five words advertisement.
PSSC Labs is the leading supplier of BEOWULF clusters. We have delivered over 250 clusters to the world's most demanding organizations, including NASA, the DOD and many more. PSSC Labs will provide you with a turn-key Beowulf supercomputer or workstation to meet your specification and budget..
Vendor Page Pricing:
- 12 month commitment paid in advance
- Optional: You will place an LinuxHPC.org image, small button, on your company's website for cross-promotion.
Whitepapers and Presentations Pricing:
- 12 month commitment, whitepapers and presentations can be updated or changed on request
Text Advertising Pricing:
- 12 month commitment, the 15 word advertisement can be updated or changed on request
- 468x60 rotating banner: $300.00/mth, 3 month commitment paid in advance
- 130x130 rotating banner: $300.00/mth, 3 month commitment paid in advance
- 130x65 static banner: $450.00/mth, 3 month commitment paid in advance
- 88x31 static button: $150.00/mth, 3 month commitment paid in advance
- LinuxHPC.org will be listed on your site as a media partner with a URL
- Monthly +/- Newsletter ad: $250.00/mth, 3 month commitment paid in advance
- You will place an LinuxHPC.org image, small button, on your company's website for cross-promotion.
Exclusive advertising is available for certain market sectors, ie: training, refurbished hardware, etc. Exclusive advertising means your company is the only advertiser for a particular market sector on LinuxHPC.org. Email Ken Farmer for more details.
LinuxHPC.org has done many media sponsorships in the past. We are always willing to help spread the word about Linux related events.
Media sponsorships by SpyderByte portals in the past have included: LinuxWorld (Canada & US), GridWorld, ClusterWorld, Cluster 2005, NetworkWorld
Here's what we provide:
- 468x60 or 130x130 image placed on LinuxHPC.org
- Mention in the newsletter of your event. We usually don't have a size requirement as long as the size is reasonable.
What LinuxHPC.org gets:
- LinuxHPC.org logo on event printed material
- LinuxHPC.org banner hung at the event
- 2 full-access media passes to the event
By advertising with LinuxHPC.org you will get exposure in the community without having to pull cash out of your marketing budget.
Email us and we will contact you via email of voice call. We can then explain the current visitor status of LinuxHPC.org and what we have planned in the future.
We hope you will find this alternative method of advertising advantages to your company and we look forward to working with you.
Kenneth R. Farmer
Send a message