The ALINKA Linux Clustering Letter,
Thursday, June the 27th. 2002
Dear readers, I am happy to send you this week's edition of
email@example.com is a free weekly e-mail newsletter on linux
clustering. It provides a summary of the weekly activity in
mailing-lists relative to linux clustering (such as beowulf,
linux virtual server or linux-ha) and general clustering news.
For more information about ALINKA, see: http://www.alinka.com
News from the High Performance world, by Dr Laurent Gatineau
Tips and tricks from the Beowulf mailing list
Jeff Layton [m1] gave some pointers about some PVFS studies, and
gave precision about PVFS stability.
* Greg Matthews [m1] had some problem with kickstart, Robert
G. Brown [m2] explained its dhcp configuration.
* Eric Wages [m1] remind us that the new top 500 list is out .
* Velocet [m1] posted some Gromacs benchmarks on quad Xeons.
* There was a long thread about Athlon vs Xeon. Steffen Persvold [m1]
posted interesting streams benchmarks. Ivan Oleynik [m2] gave
comparisons between some architectures with the same code. Pointers
to some other comparisons were given Athlon vs Xeon [m3], compilers
* There was a thread about Myrinet scalability, look at explanations
of Chuck Seitz, CEO of Myricom [m1] which answered to Ole
W. Saastad [m2] and Serguei Patchkovskii [m3].
Coda by Ludovic Ishiomin (firstname.lastname@example.org)
* Stephen Rickauer noticed a performance problems. Steffen Neumann suggested
that the settings used were the cause [1m].
* There was a discussion about the best way to configure a firewall/nat router
between coda clients and the server [2m].
[2m] http://www.coda.cs.cmu.edu/maillists/codalist/codalist-2002/4333.html and
JFS by Ludovic Ishiomin (email@example.com)
* Steve Best announced JFS 1.0.20 [1m]
XFS by Ludovic Ishiomin (firstname.lastname@example.org)
* Steve Lord confirmed there could be alignement problems with XFS and software
Raid 5 or EVMS or LVM 2 [1m].
News on other cluster related topics
linux-ia64 by Rached Ben Mustapha (email@example.com)
* David Mosberger announced [m1] an ia64 kernel patch for 2.4.18
available here [l1]. This update fixes a memory corruption bug,
To subscribe to the list, send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org from the
address you wish to subscribe, with the word "subscribe" in the subject.
To unsubscribe from the list, send e-mail to email@example.com from
the address you wish to unsubscribe from, with the word "unsubscribe" in
Alinka is the editor of the ALINKA ORANGES and ALINKA RAISIN
administration software for Linux clusters.
(Web site: http://www.alinka.com )